Tours are designed to initiate dialogue about ideas raised by the exhibition topics and are available to groups of up to 40 people. Tours last approximately 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the age and number of guests. Groups of over 20 will be divided into two smaller groups. PK-12 student groups must have one chaperone for every ten students. Chaperones and teachers are free.
Cost for Guided Tours
- GMD Members: FREE
- College of Design students: FREE
- Students PK–12: $1 per person
- Non-U of MN college students: $3 per person
- Senior 62+: $3 per person
- Adults: $5 per person
Groups are welcome to explore the exhibitions on their own or with an outside educator. Self-guided tours must take place during GMD’s public hours. There is no time limit for self-guided groups.
Schedule a Tour
To schedule a tour, please email email@example.com or call 612-625-2737. Reservations are contingent upon availability, and tours are not scheduled until confirmed via telephone. Guided tours must be requested at least four weeks in advance and are scheduled by appointment.
Please have the following information available when booking your tour:
- Your name and the name of your organization/school
- Contact telephone number (cell or home number if available)
- Type of tour you are requesting
- Date and times you would like to bring your group
- Age/grade and number of people in your group
- Number of chaperones
- Important thematic/curriculum connections
- Accommodations your group may require
Tours must be paid for at least one week before the scheduled date. Checks should be made payable to “University of Minnesota” with “Goldstein Museum of Design” in the memo line. Reimbursements are NOT given if there are fewer people in your group than initially scheduled.
We request that cancellations of tours occur in writing at least three business days before your scheduled visit. Please email your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that refunds will NOT be given for reservations canceled less than two business days before the scheduled date. Groups will be responsible for their minimum tour fee if they are a no show or cancel less than 24 hours before the scheduled tour time.