- Tour groups must have at minimum 5 people, maximum 10 people.
- Available between 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Tuesday–Friday.
- Tour must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance and are scheduled by appointment. See "Schedule a Tour" below for more information.
- “Pay-as-you-wish” for tours, donations accepted!
Groups are welcome to explore the exhibitions on their own or with an outside educator. Self-guided tours must take place during GMD’s public hours. There is no time limit for self-guided groups.
Schedule a Tour
To schedule a group tour, please email [email protected]. Guided tours must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance and are scheduled by appointment only. Reservations are contingent upon availability, and tours are not scheduled until confirmed via telephone.
Please have the following information available when booking your tour:
- Your name and the name of your organization/school(if applicable)
- Contact telephone number (cell or home number if available)
- Type of tour you are requesting
- Date and times you would like to bring your group
- Age/grade and number of people in your group
- Number of chaperones (if PK–12)
- Important thematic/curriculum connections, if applicable
- Accommodations your group may require
We request that cancellations of tours occur in writing at least three business days before your scheduled visit. Please email your cancellation notice to [email protected]. Please note that refunds will NOT be given for reservations canceled less than two business days before the scheduled date. Groups will be responsible for their minimum tour fee if they are a no show or cancel less than 24 hours before the scheduled tour time.