The Goldstein Museum of Design membership program was founded in 1976 by noted fashion journalist Margot Siegel to enhance Minnesota’s design museum. When you join as a member, you are supporting the role of design in society, in education, and in the shaping of our future.
Members at all levels enjoy the following benefits:
- Invitations to exhibitions.
- Invitations to special events and programs.
- A subscription to GMD’s biannual magazine.
- Discounts on exhibition tickets.
- Inclusion on the GMD Recognition Panel in Gallery 241.
- Reciprocal benefits at over 80 college and university art museums nationwide.
UMN faculty/staff & UMAA member $5 discount is for Individual & Household level only.
Additional Membership Benefits
Benefits for Student Members
Benefits for Paid Members
Paid members receive a UMN Campus Club one-day guest pass. Show your GMD member card at the Campus Club front desk for a one-day guest pass to enjoy food/drinks.
Free student memberships do not include the UMN Campus Club guest pass.
How to Join
Join online using a credit card
- Select the "Join Online Now" button.
- Select "GMD Membership Fund."
- Select "Make a Gift."
- List your member level in the "Add Special Instruction" box on the "Your Information" page.
Join by Mail
- Download the membership form and mail it with cash, check, or credit card payment.
- Make checks payable to “University of Minnesota” with “Goldstein Museum of Design” in the memo line.
Join by Phone
Call 612-624-7434 with your membership and credit card information.