Ann C. Ziebarth
- Gkartzios, M. & Ziebarth, A. (2016). Brown, D.L. & Shucksmith (Ed). International Handbook of Rural Studies. (pp.495-508). New York: Routledge.
- Hwang, E. & Ziebarth, A. (2016). Walkability features for seniors in two livable communities: A case study. Housing and Society 42(3), 207-221.
- Ziebarth, A. (2015). Renting in Rural America. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 44(1), 88-104.
- Ziebarth, A. & Crump, C. (2015 Fall). Rural Midwest Housing Remains Complex and Diverse. Rural Voices. 20(3),14-19.
- MacTavish, K., Ziebarth, A. & George, L. (2014). In C. Bailey, L. Jensen, & R. Ransom (Eds.) Rural America in a Globalizing World. (pp 677-692). Morgantown, WV: University of West Virginia Press.
- Ziebarth, A. (2013, Fall). Review of the book Inclusionary Housing in International Perspective: Affordable Housing, Social Inclusion, and Land Value Recapture. Cambridge: Lincoln Institute of Land Policy. Journal of Planning & Educational Research 33(33), 367-369.
- Deller, S., Erkkila, D., Gartner, B., Green, G., Marcouiller, D., Skidmore, M., Vogt, C., Winkler, M., & Ziebarth, A. (2013). Recreational Homes, Amenities, and Destination Regions. N4012-01. Madison: UWExtension Cooperative Extension.
- Ziebarth, A. (2012). Rural Housing in A.T. Canswell (Ed). Encyclopedia of Housing (2nd Edition) pp. 642-647.
- Choi, Y., Ziebarth, A., Hwang, E., & Koh, S. (2012). Intentions of Nursing Home Entry Among Elderly Residents in Jeju, Korea. Housing & Society. 993 (1) pp. 29-49.
- Ziebarth, A. & Steggell, C. (Eds.) (2012). A Field Guide to Housing Theory (2nd Edition)
- Ziebarth, A. (2010). Exurbanization, Homeownership and the Working Poor. In D.W. Marcouiller, M. Lapping, and O. Furuseth (Eds.) Rural Housing, Exurbanization and Amenity-Driven Development (pp. 175-192). Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing Limited.
- Ziebarth, A. (2010). Discourse, Discrimination, & Domicide. Paper presented at International Sociology Association World Congress. Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Ziebarth, A. (2009). Housing heroines: A tradition of social action research. Housing and Society, 36(1), 57-74.
- Ziebarth, A. (2006). Housing seasonal workers for the Minnesota processed vegetable industry. Rural Sociology. 71(2), 335-357.
- Hwang, E. & Ziebarth, A. (2006). The impacts of different aspects of residential environments on housing satisfaction among Korean American Elders. Housing and Society, 33(2), 53-72.
Resident and outreach teaching.
- HSG 2401 Introduction to Housing
- HSG 4465 Housing in a Global Perspective
- HSG 5160 Special Topics Health and Housing
- HSG 5484 Rural Housing Issues
- HSG 8467 Theoretical Perspectives in Housing Studies
- HSEM 3010 Women, Housing, & Public Policy
- DES 1905 The Big House: Prisons and Housing
- DES 1905 Beyond the Suburbs: Living and Working in Rural America
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter, Co-Advisor, 2012-2014.
- Housing Studies Program, Program Director, 2010-2013.
- College of Design Faculty Consultative Committee, 2010-2011.
- Housing Education & Research Association, President, 2009-2010.
- University Faculty Senate, 2008-2011.
- Rural Sociology Society, Membership chair, 2008-2009, 2011-2012, A. (2015).
- College of Design Diversity Committee, chair, 2006-2007, member 2010-2011.
- Reviewer for Introduction to Housing textbook, 2005.
Selected Honors and Awards
- 2016 Housing Impact Award from the Housing Education and Research Association (HERA).
Ann C. Ziebarth
Specialties & Expertise:
Housing Issues in Small Towns & Rural Places, Housing Policy, Rural Sociology, Renting in Rural America, Migrant Worker Housing, Employer Assisted Housing