Inactive Status

If you do not enroll for classes in a given term (excluding summer) and you do not have an approved leave of absence, your enrollment at the University will be discontinued and your status will be changed to “inactive.”

If you wish to resume coursework here, you will need to submit an application for readmission.  However, you must meet the admissions requirements for the major to be readmitted, and if the major has limited space, you may have to go through the competitive admission process (held once a year). Each situation is different, depending upon space in the major and your academic record, and is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

If you would like to continue your studies at the U of M but pursue a different major, please contact College of Design Student Services for process information and assistance.