Academic Probation and Suspension


You are placed on academic probation if either your term (semester) or cumulative (overall) GPA falls below 2.00. You’ll stay on probation until both GPAs are at or above 2.00. If you are on probation, CDes will place a hold on your record that requires you to meet with your academic advisor to discuss your progress and to get permission to register for the upcoming term.  


You may be suspended if your term and/or cumulative GPA is below 2.00 for two consecutive terms (excluding summer term). If suspended, you are not allowed to register at the U of M for a full academic year and you must request readmission to CDes. You may appeal a suspension decision by following the instructions specified in your suspension notice. For more information, contact Student Services.