College of Design
CWHS provides research and study abroad opportunities for students, which involve surveying and documenting world heritage sites. These experiences often take place during May-term or summer break in countries such as Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania, and Azerbaijan. The center is constantly working to develop more opportunities for students to participate in hands-on approaches to heritage conservation and preservation.
Support the Center
You can support the preservation of global heritage through your contribution to the Center for World Heritage Studies. Philanthropic gifts help fund the mission of the center, including research, outreach, and educational programs for students and the public.
You may designate the Center for World Heritage Studies as the recipient in step two, under "Special instructions for your gift". To learn more about giving to the Center, please contact us.
- UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- University of Illinois Collaborative for Cultural Heritage Management and Policy (CHAMP)
- Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) and Placeography
- Government of Azerbaijan Department of Heritage
- Gabinete de Conservação da Ilha de Moçambique (GACIM)
- The Nacional do Património Cultural of the Republic of Moçambique
- Stone Town Conservation and Development Authority (STCDA)
- Ministry of Internal & Social Affairs (MISA) Republic of Kiribat