Resources for New Design Alumni
Welcome to the Design Alumni community! This page provides resources you'll find useful in your new role as a College of Design alumnus. Alumni are an important part of our college community so don't be a stranger! There are lots of ways to stay conntected after graduation. We hope you find something here that fits your interests, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
View commencement videos, photos, and programs. Coming soon!
- Commencement Slide Show 2018 (featuring work by 2018 grads)
- Commencement Ceremony 2018 (full ceremony including speeches)
- Commencement Programs (1877–Present)
- Update your mail and email addresses so we can find you. (Got a new job already? We'd love to hear about that too!)
- Share your career news for the alumni magazine, Emerging, D@MN blog or social media.
- Participate in Design Alumni Society programs.
- Join the U of M Alumni Association. Member rewards include Minnesota magazine, education and personal development discounts, Emerging Professionals Network events, and more.
Access career resources and services.
- Access career services for alumni (free for two years after graduation)
- Post or search for jobs and internships through the career center and Design's LinkedIn group.
- Contact design faculty.
- Get help finding a former classmate.
- Participate in alumni groups worldwide.
- Enjoy free webinars and virtual resources on career and special interest topics.
- Access other services for alumni.
Catch up on College News.
- Enjoy Emerging magazine twice-yearly and reDESIGN e-news quarterly.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Volunteer. Be an advocate. Help students.
- Mentor a student.
- Serve as a career resource for students in your field.
- Join the UMN Advocates network: Receive updates on U and legislative issues, calls to action, and invitations to events in your area.
- Participate in the Design Alumni Society.
- Explore other ways to get involved.
Come back! Keep learning.
- Attend lectures, exhibitions and events.
- Continue your design education.
- Take advantage of reduced rates for recent grads on membership to the Alumni Association with discounts on education and personal development classes and free webinars.
Other questions or interests?
Contact the alumni relations office. We are happy to help! Lori Mollberg, director of alumni relations, 612-625-8796