Design Student and Alumni Board
Founded in 2006, the Design Student and Alumni Board (DSAB) represents the Design Alumni Society and the Design Student Board. These groups meet and work together as one board, creating programs and opportunities that support the transition from college to career, and connect alumni, students, and other professionals in the process.
DSAB programs are supported by sponsorships, alumni association membership dues, and student fees.
Follow the links below to see who represents each academic program on DSAB. Our 2019–2020 Alumni and Student Presidents are Ashleigh Grizzel (M.Arch Student) and Liz Wolner (BSE '16, Product Design Minor).
- Apparel Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Product Design
- Retail Merchandising
- Advisors and Ex Officio
Programs and activities include:
- College to Career Activities
- Design Mentor Program
- Design in 7: 7 Stories, 7 Minutes
- Dirty Laundry
- Design Forward: College of Design Day of Service
- College of Design LinkedIn Group
- College of Design Ambassadors serving as:
- Resources for current and prospective students and alumni
- Advocates for the U, college, and DSAB amongst peers and the professional community
- Legislative Network members advocating for higher education and Design
- 2016: Alumni Society of the Year
- 2015: UMAA Student Volunteer of the Year Award to DSAB Student President Sarah Kendzior '15
- 2014: Pride of CASE District V Silver Award, Best Student Alumni Programming
- 2014: UMAA Program Extraordinaire Architecture Networking & Portfolio Event
- 2012: Alumni Society of the Year
- 2011: Design in 7 earns UMAA Program Extraordinaire Award
- 2010: DSAB President Janice Linster '83 receives 2009 U of M Alumni Service Award
- 2009: Dirty Laundry earns UMAA Program Extraordinaire Award
- 2009: UMAA Student Volunteer of the Year Award to DSAB Member Amanda Lange '09
- 2008: Alumni Society of the Year
- 2007: Alumni Association Rising Star Award to DSAB Member Grant Eull '01
Interested in getting involved?
We accept applications for open seats on the board year round. Applications for terms beginning in the fall are due by or before March 31 annually. To learn more, review the application below. To learn about open seats for terms beginning next fall, contact Lori Mollberg, Director of Alumni Relations, 612-625-8796.
Apply for open seats by using the appropriate web form below.
If you need the application in another format, please contact Lori Mollberg, email@example.com
More about DSAB
Apply for Open Seats:
- Resources for DSAB members
- Join the University of Minnesota Alumni Association
- Become a Sponsor
Director of Alumni Relations