The Apparel Design Advisory Council serves as a sounding board for decisions the program must make, helps us challenge assumptions about the profession, and increase our awareness of changing technology, trends and practices that will influence our students' readiness for their profession. The council provides an opportunity to build relationships, develop resources and strengthen our identity within the profession.
Members of the Apparel Design Advisory Council
The council is composed of professionals representing various areas of the clothing industry, apparel design program faculty, and selected College of Design administrators.
- Sonya Berlovitz, Co-chair, Costume designer
- Lynda Buscis, Christopher and Banks
- Silvia Guttmann
- Katerina Helebrantova
- Kristy Janigo, Maurices, Duluth
- Maureen Kostial
- Tara LaTour, Tara Latour Co.
- Debbie Simmons, Kelle Company
- Laura Smith, JWHulme Company
- Karen Swanson, Target
- Joy Teiken, Joynoelle
- Linden Wicklund, IFAI
Apparel Design Program Faculty
- Elizabeth (Missy) Bye
- Marilyn DeLong, Faculty Chair of Advisory Council
- Lucy Dunne, Program Director
- Linsey Griffin
- Brad Holschuh
- Lindsey Strange