The Architecture Minor introduces the foundational ideas of the discipline as a social, cultural, historic, and environmental construct to undergraduate students.
You must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.00 cumulative University of Minnesota GPA. Enrollment is limited.
- The minor requires a minimum of 19 credits.
- All coursework must be taken on the A/F grade base and must be completed with a C- or better.
- No more than three courses taken for a major may be used toward the minor.
- Study abroad and transfer coursework must be approved by the minor advisor.
- A maximum of nine transfer/study abroad credits may be used toward the minor.
|Arch 1281||Design Fundamentals I (fall term only)||
|Arch 3411W||Architectural History to 1750 (fall term only)|
|Arch 3412||Architectural History Since 1750 (spring term only)|
|Secondary Core Electives (select 2 courses)|
|Arch 3611||Design in the Digital Age (spring term only)||
|Arch 3711W||Environmental Design and the Sociocultural Context (fall term only)||
|Arch 4561||Architecture and Ecology (spring term only)||
|Arch 4671||Historic Preservation (fall term only)||
|Arch 4701W||Introduction to Urban Form and Theory (spring term only)||
|Elective Courses (select 2 courses)|
|Arch 3xxx or Arch 4xxx courses
Note: some ARCH courses are reserved for ARCH majors only.
Electives may include secondary core courses (listed above) beyond the 2 required courses taken.
Apply online for the minor. The application should take just a couple of minutes.
If you have questions about applying for this minor or if you have already been admitted to the minor and have advising questions, please email our peer advisor at email@example.com.