Interdisciplinary Design Minor
- Complete the introductory courses in Categories A and B before moving on to C.
- Some Category B courses are also options for Category C. You may choose for these courses to fulfill a requirement for either B or C...but not both.
- For Interdisciplinary Design Minor courses that show a prerequisite of GDes 1311 and GDes 1312, Interdisciplinary Design Minor students are exempted from that prerequisite.
- Most Interdisciplinary Design Minor courses do not require special permission. Simply register for these courses. ** Graphic Design courses are an important exception. See below**
Registration for GDes Courses:
Several GDes courses are open to Interdisciplinary Design Minor students. However, because these courses are required for Graphic Design majors, a limited number of seats in each are reserved for Interdisciplinary Design Minor students. Once those reserved seats have been taken, you will need to request a permission number. There is no guarantee that you will get a seat in a closed course, so register for a back-up course. If you have not received a permission number by the start of the semester, you may attend the first day of class to see if a seat is available for you.
If the waitlist on the registration system is open:
- Add your name to the waitlist.
If the waitlist on the registration system is already closed:
- Send an email to request a permission number to email@example.com
- Include your name, your ID number, the course and section number, indicate that you are a design minor student, and a brief statement on why you want to take the course.
It may be possible to complete Interdisciplinary Design Minor requirements while studying abroad. Please contact the minor advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org for study abroad planning.