College of Design
Cdes Current Students

Current Students

Changing to another major within CDes

You must meet the admission requirements for the major to which you want to apply. If you are applying to change to a DHA major (except Housing Studies), your application will be added to the application pool for the following fall term. If you want to change majors within the College of Design, contact CDes Student Services to set up an appointment.

Changing to a U of M major outside of CDes

If you wish to transfer OUT OF CDES and into a major in another U of M college, you need to complete and submit the Change of College (PDF) form, which is also available in 12 McNeal, 107 Rapson, or at any OneStop Service Center.   We strongly encourage you to connect with CDes Student Services to discuss the change of college processes and deadlines.

Undecided about your choice of major?

If you know that your current CDes major is not for you, but you are uncertain – or have no idea! – about which major you want, we can help. Contact CDes Student Services and we’ll help you find a major that makes sense for you, academically and personally.

Contact Information

College of Design

Saint Paul Offices

32 McNeal Hall, 1985 Buford Ave, St. Paul, MN 55108

P: 612-626-9068 | F: 612-625-1922

[directions and maps]

Minneapolis Offices

101 Rapson Hall, 89 Church St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

P: 612-626-9068 | F: 612-625-7525

[directions and maps]

© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Privacy Statement
Current as of