Presented by the Design Student & Alumni Board (DSAB).
DIRTY LAUNDRY delivers the dirt on design. Listen in as design professionals reveal their best and worst experiences working in the world of design, and share career tales with a humorous spin. Prepare yourself for one juicy night of design gossip!
Past Speaker List
Click on speaker name to watch a YouTube video of their presentation.
- Brent Stickels, co-founder of YYES—video starts at 00:50
- David Shea, founder of Shea, Inc.—video starts at 22:45
- Tanya Spaulding, principal of Shea, Inc.—video starts at 22:45
- Q&A video with all three speakers starts at 51:39.
- John Cook, FAIA, vice president of HGA
- Garrett Lofgren, senior graphic designer at Phillips Distilling Company
- Ben VandenWymelenberg, CEO and founder of WOODCHUCK
- Colleen Carey, president of The Cornerstone Group
(No photos or videos from 2013 event.)
- Allan Peters, associate creative director, Target Corporation
- Matthew Streed, AIA, architect, DLR Group
- Adam Turman (B.S.'99 Design Communication), illustrator and screen printer, Adam Turman Art
- Will Jensen, AIA, partner, BKV Group
View photos from Dirty Laundry 2011 on Facebook. (No videos from 2011 event.)
- Ryan Carlson, co-owner and designer, Twin Six
- Brent Gale, co-owner and designer, Twin Six
- Geoffrey Warner, AIA, founder of Alchemy Architects and the weeHouse
(No photos or videos from 2010 event.)
2009(No photos or videos from 2009 events.)
- Jeff Berg, associate creative director, Olson
- Bret Hummel, president and creative director, Ham in the Fridge
- Alexis Akervik, designer, Ham in the Fridge
2008(No photos or videos from 2008 event.)
- Richard Boynton, Wink
- Scott Thares, Wink
- Kerry Riley, Needle & Black (formerly Red Shoe Clothing Co.)
2005(No photos or videos from 2008 event.)
Ideas for speakers?
If you have suggestions for speakers for future events, please submit them to Lori Mollberg, Director of Alumni Relations.
Speakers can be from any of the disciplines in the college; we usually have 2-3 speakers.
This annual event is held each fall semester. Event is free and open to the public. Sponsored by the Design Student and Alumni Board (DSAB).
Dirty Laundry is the recipient of the 2009 UMAA Program Extraordinaire Award.
Past Dirty Laundry Events
Director of Alumni Relations