Interior Environments Minor
The Interior Environments Minor introduces undergraduate students to interior design's core principles and the question of how health and well-being are impacted by the social, cultural, historical, and technological forces behind the design of interior environments.
- You must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.00 cumulative University of Minnesota GPA.
- Students majoring in interior design are not eligible to complete this minor.
- This minor requires a minimum of 15 credits.
- All coursework must be taken on the A/F grade base and must be completed with a C- or better.
- No more than one course may be transferred from outside the University of Minnesota to fulfill minor requirements.
- Transfer coursework may be accepted for prerequisite courses upon review and is not included in the one-course limit.
- Transfer coursework must be approved by minor advisor.
|DES 1101W||Introduction to Design Thinking||
|IDes 2612||Interior Materials & Specifications (spring only)||4|
|IDes 3161||History of Interiors and Furnishings – Ancient to 1750 (fall only)|
|IDes 3162||History of Interiors and Furnishings –1750 to Present (spring only)|
|Elective Course (Select one of the following courses to complete a minimum of 15 credits)|
|DES 4165||Design and Globalization (fall only)||
|IDes 1601||Interior Design Studio I (fall only)||
|IDes 2613||Structures, Systems, and Life Safety (Fall only)||
|IDes 3161||History of Interiors and Furnishings – Ancient to 1750 (if not used as a required course) (fall only)||
|IDes 3162||History of Interiors and Furnishings –1750 to Present (if not used as a required course) (spring only)||
|IDes 3612||Lighting Design (fall only)||
|IDes 3614||Interior Design Ethics and Professional Practice (fall only)||
Apply online for the minor. The application should take just a couple of minutes.
If you have questions about applying for this minor or if you have already been admitted to the minor and have advising questions, please email our peer advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freshman Admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- Transfer Admissions
- Career Information
- College of Design Blog