Housing & Community Development Minor
The Housing and Community Development Minor, formerly the Housing Studies Minor, allows undergraduate students to study shelter in its multiple dimensions. Coursework in the program includes social and behavioral sciences, economics, public policy, planning, design, and technology.
You must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.00 cumulative University of Minnesota GPA.
- This minor requires a minimum of 15 credits.
- All coursework must be taken on the A/F grade base and must be completed with a C- or better.
- All required prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to enrolling in a class.
- No more than one course may be transferred from outside the University of Minnesota to fulfill minor requirements.
- Transfer coursework may be accepted for prerequisite courses upon review and is not included in the one-course limit.
- Study abroad and transfer coursework must be approved by the minor advisor.
|Hsg 1461||Introduction to Housing (fall term only)||
|Hsg 2463||Housing and Community Development (spring term only)||3|
|Elective Courses (select three courses)|
|Hsg 3482||Sustainable Housing: Community, Environment, & Technology||
|Hsg 4461||Housing Development and Management (spring term only)||
|Hsg 4465||Housing in Global Perspective (spring term only)||
|Hsg 4467W||Housing and the Social Environment (fall term only)||
|Hsg 5463||Housing Policy (spring term only)||
|Hsg 5464||Understanding Housing: Assessment and Anaylsis (spring term only)||
|Hsg 5481||Supporting Independence in Housing and Community (fall term only)||
|Hsg 5484||Rural Housing Issues (spring term only)||
Apply online for the minor. The application should take just a couple of minutes.
If you have questions about applying for this minor or if you have already been admitted to the minor and have advising questions, please email our peer advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freshman Admissions
- Transfer Admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- Career Information
- College of Design Blog