Analysis and Development
Under this service, the IT department aims to support and improve the college's current and future business processes. Using business analysis and project management tools and techniques, the IT team analyzes existing or proposed business processes, identifies and evaluates potential solutions, and works with college faculty or staff to develop or implement technology solutions. This service also focuses on leveraging enterprise and user data to facilitate business processes, which includes analytics and use of data for reporting.
Examples of support under this service include:
- Developing customized Slideroom.com sites for reviewing student portfolios.
- Implementing an automated technology solution for college curriculum changes.
- Automating the process for students requesting minors within the college.
- Customizing the University's Qualtrics survey tool for use in the college's program to match students with mentors.
- Pulling financial data from University enterprise systems for purposes of accurate reporting from the Goldstein Museum to the Cultural Data Project.